Republic of Korea
- Period : July 3 ~ July 13, 2023 (11 days)
- Part 1 : July 3, 2023 (Mon) ~ July 7 (Fri)
- Part 2 : July 9, 2023 (Sun) ~ July 13 (Thu)
※ The parade is held on Sunday, July 9th.
- Venue : Areas of Gangneung City, DMZ Museum Outdoor Stage in Goseong-gun
- Official events : Opening/Closing ceremony,competition, awards ceremony, concert, parade
- Additional events : Workshop&Seminar, International conference, etc.
- Host : German Interkultur Foundation, Gangneung City, Gangwon-do
- Organizer : Organizing Committee of the 2023 Gangneung World Choir Games
- Patronage : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Ministry of Education, Gangneung Tourism Development Corporation
- Official website : https://www.interkultur.com/events/world-choir-games/gangneung-2022/
Introduction of the World Choir Games 2023 Gangneung
The World Choir Games, organized by the German Interkultur Foundation and held every two years, starting with the first event in Austria in 2000, will be held in Gangwon-do and Gangneung City from July 3, 2023.
Gangneung City is a city of tourism, culture, and art representing Korea, a city full of romance with a mixture of coffee, sea, and pine scents, and a city full of charm where the beauty and dignity of a thousand years of history live and breathe.
In addition, it is the second city in Korea to host the World Choir Games after Busan in 2002. It is the place where the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics, which presented the historical “Peace Olympics,” through a joint parade of nations and the formation of a single team between the two Koreas was held. Under the theme of “Peace and Prosperity,” which is the Olympics heritage, the 2023 World Choir Games will be a special event that will fulfill the chorus of world peace by sublimating the conflict between the two Koreas into peace.