Gangneung Danoje Festival is also called Danojeol, Danyangjeol, Danyangnori, Danyanggut.
It is an ancient historical festival that originated from the harvest ritual and agricultural rite which succeeds the traditional form itself.
It is designated as an important intangible cultural heritage no. 13.
- Location : Danojang, Namdaecheon, Noam-dong, Gangneung
- Period : May 1~8 in lunar calendar(8 days)
- Host : Gangneung Danoje Committee, Gangneung Danoje Preservation Association
- Phone : (Gangneung Danoje Festival Commission) +82-33-641-1593
- Phone : (Tourist division) +82-33-640-5584
- Website : http://www.danojefestival.or.kr
A thousand years of harmony, Gangneung Danoje Festival
Global brand, Gangneung Danoje Festival
Gangneung Danoje Festival was designated as an important intangible cultural heritage no. 13 on January 16, 1967 and designated as a UNESCO Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity on November 25, 2005. It is a precious heritage of humanity to be preserved.
Gangneung Danoje Festival with its cultural value as a Korean festival continues to pass on the traditional culture, offering both education and entertainment. It also offers great economic value for the local community.
One of the largest and best known tourism festivals in Korea.
Gangneung was once called the land of Dongye. In