- Address : 63, Unjeong-gil, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
- Phone : (Gangneung Cultural art division) +82-33-640-5119
- Designation number : Important folklore cultural asset no.5
- Designated date : April 18, 1967
- Period : Late Joseon
- Owner/manager : Private-owned (lee Gang Ryung)
- Material : Wooden structure with tiled roof
- Scale/amount : Nobility housing, house block
- Website : https://knsgj.net
Seongyojang is the house of typical nobility of late Joseon. Lee NaeBeon from Jeonju built this house when he moved to Gangneung. The name "Seongyojang" came from the site which looks like the bow.
Once inside the house, there are buildings such as Yeolhwadang, which is the main residential area, and Dongbyeoldang. In the front yard, there is a wide field and gazebo named Hwallaejeong which is a significant material for studying the housing of late Joseon.
- Summer(March ~ October) Service hours : 9 AM ~ 6 PM
- Winter(November ~ February)Service hours : 9 AM ~ 5 PM
- Closed : Open year round
Entrance fee - Note, Adult(19~64), Adolescent(14~18), Child(8~13) Note Adult(age from 19 to 64) Youth(age from 14 to 18) Child(age from 8 to 13) Individual 5,000 won 3,000 won 2,000 won Group 3,500 won 2,000 won 1,000 won
- Free parking
- Youth admission fee = over 65 elderly/ military /disabled/ national merit
- Group fee applied over 30 people
- Traditional cultural experience center visitors are free.
- There are professional curators. Please book visiting time and curator service ind advance for your convenient visits.