- Address :1, Daegwallyeongyet-gil, Eoheul-ri, Seongsan-myeon, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
- Phone :(Daegwallyeong Museum) +82-33-660-3830~3832
Daegwallyeong Museum is located at in the center of the Daegwallyeong Museum with Baekdudaegan Mountains as screens. This elegant museum opened in May 1993 by the director Hong Gui Sook at her own expense.
Director Hong once announced that she will return her collection to society. She donated the museum building and 2000 artifacts to Gangneung in 2003, and kept her promise. To honor her contribution, Gangneung is running the museum as she has donated.
4 exhibition rooms or museum is 4 holy animals, Cheongryong, Baekho, Jujak and Hyeonmu. Between Hyeonmu and Cheongryong room, there is pottery exhibition room, and between Cheongryong and Jujak, there is Woori room.
- Entrance hours : 09:00~17:00
- Operating hours : 09:00~18:00
- Closed: New Year's day, Lunar New Year's day, Chuseok(Ojukheon, Moonseongsa Temple is opened all year round)
- Free parking
Entrance fee - Note, Adult, Adolescent, Child, over 65 Note Adult Youth Child Over 65 Individual 1,000 won 700 won 400 won Free Group 700 won 500 won 300 won Free
- 50% discount for Gangneung citizens on weekdays or on Saturday. Free entry on Sundays (ID card required)
- Free entrance for groups of 10 or larger staying overnight in Gangneung (Credit card receipt or a letter certifying the overnight stay must be acquired from the accommodation establishment) - School groups (those on school trips etc) are not eligible.
- Free entrance for groups of 30 or larger purchasing at a traditional market in Gangneung (Credit card receipt must be presented to verify this), only in cases where the total monetary amount spent exceeds 300,000 won - School group (those on school field trips etc.) are not eligible.